Beta is a modern brainwave pattern. They are the waves that are produced when we are awake, engaged, alert and active at the time when we are rational about the things and reality oriented about our left hemisphere of the brain. The brain region becomes less synchronized when the beta wave increases in activity. The beta state of mind should function properly every day of your life.
Attributes and Advantages of a Beta State
- Improves critical thinking, reasoning, and logic.
- Increased alertness and concentration
- The beta brainwave is the wave that is responsible for the fight and flight response.
- The beta brainwaves are responsible for little thoughts, stress, unfocused thoughts and anxiety.
- However excess of the beta brainwave causes insomnia.
- Alpha brainwaves- (Relaxed meditative brain waves)
These waves are the lower frequency waves. The state is achieved when our thoughts are not together, and the mind is freely wandering or when we are relaxed and daydreaming. The alpha waves are also experienced when one is not so busy but caring routine tasks like, doing easy house work, taking a shower, gardening and putting on makeup. The bridge between the conscious mind and the unconscious mind is the alpha.
Attributes and advantages of an alpha state
- Helps in remembering dreams and the state of mediation.
- It is the getaway to meditation thus the link between the conscious mind and the subconscious mind.
- It is responsible for the hypnosis state of mind.
- Alpha brainwaves focus on super learning by increasing focus, concentration and memory retention.
- In the alpha state, the brain hemisphere becomes synchronized with each other.
- The alpha state is responsible for absent-mindedness and daydreaming of the mind.
- The increased vividness of the alpha state of mind is a plus as it increases creativity and triggers the imagination.
Health benefits of the alpha state:
- The increase in happiness, motivation, and energy.
- Improves athletic performance
- Reduces anxiety
- Reduces chronic pain
- The alpha state Reduces the effect of stress and depression.
- The alpha state Reduces the prevalence of high blood pressure.
- Increases blood flow in the cerebral area.
Theta brainwaves – (Twilight state of mind; deep relaxation mode)
Theta brain waves have been used for meditation in many centuries. Theta is responsible for inducing endless daydreaming making people feel as if they are in a trance mood, in the process lack of grasping the time around is also experienced. With Theta, the hemispheres of the brain are synchronized, and the brains functioning is all wholesome.